| Understanding Your Gifted Child|
| Charter School FAQ's|
| Gifted Education FAQ's|
| Infinity Charter School FAQ's|
| Guiding Principles|
| Parent Comments|
| Analogies for Gifted Education|
The lottery for the 2016-2017 school year was held on April 8, 2016.
We currently have waiting lists at all grade levels.
2017 - 2018 Enrollment
2017 - 2018 Enrollment
- Applications for the 2017-2018 lottery are now available.
- ICS Enrollment Form
- PDE Enrollment Form
- Birth certificate
- Proof of the applicant's residence (utility bill, mortgage statement, lease, tax bill) - not to be dated before January 15, 2017.
- Copy of the applicant's immunization record
- Verification of sibling(s) attending ICS, if applicable
- ICS Home Language Survey
- Documentation that a parent/guardian has attended a Prospective Parent Meeting
- All submitted enrollment/registration forms will be reviewed by ICS. If an applicant does not have all the necessary, completed documents in their file, their parent or guardian will be notified by letter or telephone concerning the items which need to be submitted to complete the application.
- All ICS Enrollment/Registration forms must be received at the ICS office no later than 4:00 p.m.on Monday, April 3, 2017 . Any form submitted after this time will not be accepted for the Lottery. (Consistent with 24 P.S. Section 17-1723-A (a).) It is the responsibility of an applicant's parent or guardian to verify receipt of the enrollment/registration form by ICS. If there is any question, contact the office at (717) 238-1880.
- Each complete application will qualify the applying child as an eligible applicant to be entered in the enrollment process. If an application is only partially complete by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 3, 2017 , that applicant will not be eligible for the lottery enrollment process.
- ICS will have prepared for the day of the Lottery a list of the grade level spaces available to be filled by the enrollment process. Parents of students currently enrolled at ICS must notify ICS by Friday, March 3, 2017 as to whether they intend to return for the 2016-17 academic year. (Consistent with 24 P.S. Section 17-1723-A (a).)
- A lottery will be conducted for admission to the available spaces. Preference in the Lottery for the available classroom spaces will be given in the following order:
- All eligible applicants who reside within the Central Dauphin School District and have a sibling or siblings currently enrolled at ICS;
- All eligible applicants who reside outside the Central Dauphin School District and have a sibling or siblings currently enrolled at ICS;
- All eligible applicants who reside within the Central Dauphin School District; and
- All eligible applicants who reside outside the Central Dauphin School District.
- The Lottery will be conducted by members of the ICS Board of Trustees at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017. The name and grade of each eligible applicant in the Lottery will be written on a plain piece of paper and placed in a container for random selection. The names will be withdrawn one at a time, numbered sequentially and recorded on a list (the "Lottery List").
- Once all the names of the eligible applicants in the Lottery have been randomly selected and numbered, a list will be compiled for purposes of determining the order of enrollment by applying the categorical preferences listed in paragraph 6 to the sequential order in which the applicant names have been randomly selected (the "Enrollment List"). Specifically, the Enrollment List will be compiled by moving to the top of the Lottery List all in-district sibling applicants, maintaining the order in which they were randomly selected and placed on the Lottery List; next on the Enrollment List will be placed all out-of-district sibling applicants, again maintaining the order in which they were selected; third on the Enrollment List will be inserted all remaining in-district applicants in their Lottery List order; and fourth will be placed all remaining out-of-district applicants, again in their Lottery List order.
- After the Enrollment List is prepared, any remaining available classroom spaces will be filled from the Enrollment List. The first name on the list will be assigned to the first space available in the appropriate grade; the second name will be assigned to the next space available in the appropriate grade, and so forth until the available spaces are filled. Even if an applicant is number one on the Enrollment List, that applicant will only be admitted to a particular grade if there is an opening in that student's grade. Placement depends both on the applicant's order on the Enrollment List and on the number of spaces available in each grade .
- Once all available classroom spaces are filled, the remaining eligible applicants will be entered onto a waiting list for each grade in the order in which they occur on the Enrollment List.
- Applicants seeking admission to ICS for the 2017-18 school year who submit a complete enrollment/registration form after the submission deadlines for the 2017-18 lottery (and thus are not eligible for the lottery) will be added to the end of the applicable grade's 2017-18 waiting list in the order in which the completed registration forms are received by ICS .
- If spaces become available in the classrooms at any time after the lottery enrollment process has been completed (i.e., a vacancy arises during the 2017-18 school year), the first applicant on the applicable grade's waiting list will be offered the available space. The Director will notify the eligible applicant and that student will have ten (10) calendar days to decide if she wants to accept the space. Upon acceptance, the student must transfer to the school as soon as possible (but not to exceed 30 days). If the offer of admission is declined, the available space will be offered to the next eligible applicant on the 2017-18 waiting list, who will then have ten days to decide whether to accept or decline the position, and so forth down the list.
- An eligible applicant will not be eligible for more than one grade level per year (e.g. if an applicant is unsuccessful getting into a particular grade, they cannot move into a lower or higher grade that has spaces available).
- Any issue, concern, conflict or disagreement with the process or outcome of the ICS Lottery must be presented in writing to the Board of Trustees.